Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Workout Wednesdays

After griping and complaining about my post baby body for 6 months, I've decided to do something about it. Don't get me wrong. I respect my body and the miracle it has performed; however, you know it's time when your spanx leave indentions hours after they've been removed. Bye bye love handles, bye bye saddlebags, bye bye jiggly arms. This is my journey to a lean, strong silhouette.

During my first workout, my body gently (ok, not so gently) reminded me that it is not 18 any more. After the warm up, I taste my salad from lunch. How pitiful is that?!? That might be TMI, but it makes me appreciate that I'm not a cow that has to eat regurgitated grass.  From this early moment, I know how badly out of shape I am.  With my first pregnancy, the weight melted off.  I really didn't do a thing to lose it.  I fed my handsome boy and ate whatever I wanted.  This time it is definitely not as easy.  I don't know if it's the two extra years to my age, but, whatever the cause may be, I certainly do not like it!

The circuit training workout uses body weight and is a mixture of kickboxing (my favorite), calisthenics, and core training. One of the circuits includes jumping jacks. As soon as I begin the movement, I feel the urge to empty my bladder (hello, two babies sat on it for months). The jumping motion certainly is not friendly to mommas!  Then, to make matters worse, I think of my Icelandic friends who struggled with the motion of this exercise during preseason boot camp at Converse.  I can hear them now, "Stupid Americans..."  This workout is going downhill in a hurry.

After barely completing the workout, I  lie in the floor to recover for a few minutes. During this time, I curse Jillian Michaels repeatedly for her cruelty.  Needless to say, this first workout is a big heaping dose of reality.  It's time to get it together.  I hear a little Bubba Sparxxx mantra coming on, "...Get it right, get it tight."

Total weight gain: 45 pounds!!!!!
Total amount left to lose:  18 pounds (good thing I have 72 inches to stretch it all out!)





No comments:

Post a Comment