Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Let's give this another go...

Now that I have a little extra time on my hands (HAHA, yeah right!), I've become a blog reader. Even though some blogs may attempt to make life sound perfect, I love finding inspiration for my closet and reading real-life musings that could be a page in my diary (if I had one).  I admire these women who turn their lives into an open book for their audience. I'm trying to muster up some courage (and a thicker skin) to do the same.

Here's the past almost two years in a nutshell.  Much has changed in my life since my last post. I have taught 200 new kids 6th grade language arts.  On December 10, 2013, our hearts grew as we welcomed John Parker into our lives. This little nugget is the happiest baby!  He is always smiling and laughing. He sure makes me one happy momma!









During my maternity leave, I kept Hamilton home with me. I have relished this one on one time with my oldest.  He is the best big brother; he cannot stand for his brother to cry (good thing it's not much). He loves to entertain Parker and talk to him. I thought my heart was going to explode when I walked into the nursery to overhear Hamilton say, "Parkie, you so cute!"





My original plan for my maternity leave was to take 12 weeks. At the end of that time, I couldn't leave my boys. I was graciously allowed to take the rest of the school year to be with my family. Contract time came around in April. I honestly was so indecisive and could not make up my mind. I've always wanted to be at home with my kids, BUT I love my job, I love my co-workers, and most importantly, I love every child that walks through my door.  I was torn. I was stressed. I'm sure I was a pain with which to live!  

After much prayer and many pep talks from my dear husband, I took the biggest step of faith. I'm staying home with the two lights of my life and trying to grow my business. It's funny how things work out; as soon as I turned in my resignation, I have been crazy busy monogramming. I'm counting my blessings and taking my momma's advice:

No comments:

Post a Comment