Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Book Recs

I love to read. It is my escape. It is my therapy. It is my guilty pleasure.

My favorite genre is contemporary romance. It has been my favorite since I began reading Danielle Steele in the seventh grade. My mom was just glad that I was reading, so she didn't fight the battle of WHAT I was reading.  I'm so thankful that she didn't hound me to read the classics. As a reading teacher, it is imperative to have choice. I want to read what I want to read. And so do kids. It's as simple as that.  With that said, I'm not trying to persuade you to read the following books; I'm simply sharing what I've enjoyed reading.

My favorite book so far this summer is Emily Giffin's The One and Only. I have yet to start another book because I'm so invested in the characters that I do not want to move on to new characters. Have you ever felt that way after finishing a great read?  It almost feels like I'm cheating on the book by starting a new one.



Click here for a synopsis of the book.  I don't want to give anything away...I'm bad about that!  All I'll tell you is that it combines football with hopeless romance. It had me right there. It's my perfect book!

After finishing a book on my Kindle, I stumbled upon a new author on the recommendations page.  I loved Catherine Bybee's The Weekday Brides series. The first book is Wife by Wednesday. In a nutshell, Blake Harrison is a self-made millionaire who also happens to be a Duke. In order to meet the clause in his father's will, he needs a wife by Wednesday; therefore, he contacts Alliance, a matchmaking firm, to procure him a wife who will agree to a marriage of convenience. This is a modern day fairy tale. It's skimpy price tag ($0.99 on Amazon) and adorable characters will have you smiling and laughing right along with them.


The same author also has another series that I enjoyed; it's the Not Quite series. The first book is Not Quite Dating.  It's the familiar story line of a single mom who is waitressing to make ends meet and a millionaire who wants someone to love him for more than his money. I know I'm a pathetic, hopeless romantic, but I love a sweet romance. 




I'm going to make myself start my next book tonight. It's SC native's Dorothea Benton Frank's annual low country summer read.  This year's release is entitled The Hurricane Sisters.  This review actually has me a little excited to get started.







post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment