Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Put on that Swimsuit

As I sit here sipping on my spinach protein shake, I come upon this article.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5521937?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000037

My heart needs this reminder.  No matter the facade I try to hide behind, I'm not comfortable in my post-baby skin. I miss my six pack. I miss my tricep cut. I miss my thigh gap. Furthermore, I have a confession about Monday's post. I didn't post a picture of Ham and me because I look fat.  I didn't post a picture playing with my toddler because I look fat. How selfish!

A few months ago I sat talking with my doctor about my weight loss, or lack there of. He said something to me that has been in the back of my head for awhile. I guess he knows me too well!  He said, "Lindsey, you don't want to be sitting at the pool this summer and people to see you and think, 'Damn, that second child got her!'" He's exactly right. I do worry too much about what other people think.

I am an example to my boys. I want them to be strong, confident men one day. They hear what I say under my breath about my own body. They read into my body language. If I want them to be strong and confident, I better change my ways.

So here's the picture my mom snapped of me and my first born. And here's to a step in the right direction:  embracing the body God gave me to serve Him.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment