Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Up and at 'em

Before kids, I loved working out in the morning. My days were smoother after feeling like one thing was ticked off my to do list by 6:45. It's amazing what a sense of accomplishment will do for the spirit!

Yesterday I heard my husband tiptoeing (thanks, Hun!) back into the house after his morning bike ride, so I gave myself a little pep talk that went a little something like this, "Get your lazy butt out of bed and get moving!"

I'm so thankful that I did.  The birds were chirping me a song as I pedaled my heart out for 25 minutes. I knew the baby would be up soon, so I had to make the most of the time allotted. Our neighborhood has many hills; therefore, my plan was to be out of the saddle on all the hills and go as hard as I can for the duration of the ride.

Now, my jiggly legs and I can enjoy my little dumplings without feeling my workout looming over me.




I love my bike!  You can find it here.  Isn't the color just darling?


post signature

P.S.  Here's a little weight loss progress.

Total weight gain with Parker:  45 pounds (I hate writing that number every time)
Amount left to lose:  14 pounds  (Yep, I've lost 4 pounds this week!)

I'm so excited to see the scale starting to budge.  I honestly think the trick is being a little kinder to myself, making healthy choices, and chasing after my two wild ones.  Yes, I try to exercise every day, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.  I'm not going to beat myself up over it.  After all, I'm still burning up to 500 calories a day feeding my Park man.


No comments:

Post a Comment