Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Wild Dunes...or should it be called Peaceful Dunes?

We just returned from a long, relaxing weekend at Wild Dunes.  The weather was perfect; the temperatures were unseasonably low.  The company was pretty great, too!  ;)

With two young kids, sometimes the pool can be so much easier.  It's closer to the condo, and it has zero sand.  That's a win-win in my book!

My office for Friday.  I must say I can answer emails and messages all day in this location!
 Noni feeding Parker his puffs.  This face kills me!
 Pappy and Hamilton playing in the water.  My child would live in the water if he could.

 Jared was good; he rode his bike several times while we were there.  
 One of my favorite things about Wild Dunes is the foliage.  It's absolutely gorgeous!


We did venture to the beach on Saturday.  Although the tide was high, we were able to sit against the dunes to enjoy the afternoon at the beach.

My sweet teething boy just wants to be held.  You know his mama was okay with that!

 Hamilton reading the directions for the pool.  This is documented.  I will show this to his future wife; he was taught to read directions.
 This looks horribly uncomfortable, but this is how he took his afternoon nap.
 Ahh, lots of shade!  You know I am a changed woman if I'm hanging out in the shade!  I don't want to mess up my skin any more.
 Noni and Pappy relaxing.
 Mr. Jim had to take his afternoon nap, too.  Life is rough at the beach!

 Mr. Jim entertaining Parker.
 He doesn't get any love.  Can't you tell?  Our boys sure are lucky to have Mr. Jim and Mrs. Debbie in their lives.
 My love and quite possibly the sweetest man alive.  His mama raised him right!


 And this folks is how it's done!
 The boys played so sweetly after they were washed up.


Saturday evening we went to one of our favorite local establishments, ACME Cantina.  As usual, it was delicious.  I indulged in pimento cheese grits (they have nothing on my mother-in-law's), fried shrimp, and collard greens.  Does it get any more southern than that?

 Can you tell that Parker doesn't like to look at the camera?  This picture captures Jared's frustration perfectly.  Of course, he was joking.  He loves his boys more than life!
 Noni's tired boy.  He's spoiled rotten by both of his grandmothers.  Opps, I just used THATword!

After dinner, we took a golf cart cruise to look at the boats at the marina.  While we were out, we took some pictures.  I absolutely love the ones of the boys.  They're definitely framers!



Due to technical difficulty today (my computer is still on vacay apparently!), I'll post the rest of the pics later in the week.

On Sunday we had brunch before spending the rest of our time by the pool.  Reluctantly, we pulled off of the island last night to come back to the real world.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment