Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Hamilton's 3rd Birthday Party

I'm fully aware that this party was over two months ago; however, I just wanted to share with you all my little pirate's birthday. It was a small affair this year.  We had a brunch with our families to celebrate.  I must say that this is the way to do a birthday party.  It was over in time for the kiddos to nap; Mommy and Daddy were in need of a nap, too!

I try to make Hamilton's party reflect his personality and interests.  This year he is way into pirates.  He's so into them that when he is being disciplined, I'm no longer "Izzy."  I morph into the big, bad "Captain Hook."  He refers to us all in pirate names.  Daddy is "Cubby," Parker is "Sully," and our house is "Bucky."  I hope you enjoy the little touches that made his birthday party a memorable one.

His birthday cakes (yes, he'll have a smash cake forever!)  Jared's Aunt Jacki is so talented; her cakes are always fabulous!

 Here's a close up of his personal cake.  See, I told you she's talented!
 Because everyone needs to be dressed for the occasion...
 Jake's Juice Station
 The brunch buffet with pirate themed labels. (Cubby's Cheese Grits, Peter's Plain Grits, Bones's Buns, Captain Flynn's Fruit, Bucky's Breakfast Casserole, Skully's Sausage Balls, etc.)
 






 It's becoming a tradition that Ham and Allie dig into the cake together.  I love that these little cousins are so close.


 He even shared with Noni.  Noni, you should feel privileged.  My boy doesn't share cake!  
 How adorable is this little pirate!
 I love little Parker's face in this pic.
 After cake, we busted out the slipping slide and let the kids go wild.  Uncle Philip, Uncle Jonathan, and Jared supervised and made sure there was plenty of soap!




I hope I never tire of DIYing my kids' birthday parties.  I think it makes it even more special!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment