Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Monday, July 14, 2014

Family Time at Folly

We spent the last week at Folly Beach with my parents.  It was low key; it was relaxed.  This time was exactly what we needed.  We were able to slow down our pace of life and truly relish the time with family.

Unfortunately, we passed my sister Julie and her husband on our trek down.  They were headed back home.  We did get to catch a day with my sister Leslie, her husband, Philip, and their two darlings.  Hamilton and Allie play so well together; they are absolutely adorable together. I can't wait to see what the Parker and Walt get into when they get older.  I think they're going to be trouble.  Two boys the same age.  Yep, that always spells trouble!

Here are some pictures that I captured on my phone during the week.  Shame on me...I didn't even get my nice camera out!

Jared and Philip supervising Allie and Ham in the water.  It's a good thing our kiddos like the beach!


Leslie and Walt
Busy boy Parker...trying to keep him from eating sand for lunch
Matchy matchy family...I can't help it!
Yes, we even monogram our chairs!


 Hanging out with DeeDee and Papa

 Hamilton learned how to play Boccee.  I think he might have won a few rounds!

 My baby brother, John.  I'm so ready for him to move back home!  
 Swimming at Mrs. Ann's House, our neighbor at the beach house.
 We took Hamilton crabbing one afternoon.  I highly advise everyone to get your children's permits to hunt and fish before their second birthday.  Best gift ever for southern chaps!
 The master at work!



Can you guess what happened to his masculine ring?  Yep, he popped it on day 1!  This boy is wild in the water!
 Is Daddy playing lifeguard?  No, he's just enjoying his afternoon toddy!
 I'm obsessed with my fishing shirts!  They are the perfect coverup!
 We love The Lost Dog Cafe!  It was rainy Saturday morning, so we went to grab breakfast.





We had the best week with my parents and brother.  We are looking forward to Papa's birthday, so the whole family can be together again!  I think this quote captures our family perfectly:  "The beach is in our blood.  Everyone in our family returns to the beach instinctively, just like the sea turtles."  Sandy Archibald

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment