Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Another Guilty Pleasure

I've already divulged that I like (scratch that, LOVE) to read trashy novels.  I can't help it!  My second guilty pleasure is Kim Zolciak-Biermann and family.  I have been waiting for the 3rd season of Don't Be Tardy all summer.  When it debuted last week, I was out of town and didn't get to tune in live.  I was finally able to catch up yesterday while ironing.  It made the tedious task so much more enjoyable.



This episode was fabulous!  It might have just been that I was able to relate to it so much, but I had to watch it a second time.  I love watching/reading women's experiences with pregnancy and labor. I have loved being pregnant both times.  Call me crazy, but I adore being pregnant.  The hubby gives you top notch attention and care.  You get to plan, decorate, and wardrobe a new little bundle.  That in itself is enough for me.  Who cares if you put on 45 extra lbs, it's worth it!  In addition to being pregnant, I love the experience of labor.  It might be my competitive spirit and high pain tolerance, but it's not bad at all.  My doctor's tried to get me to go natural both times, but I told him that God made good meds for a reason.  Let's not get crazy!

I'm going to share my favorite parts of  the episode and why I loved them so much.  It's about to get real personal up in here...you are forewarned!

1)  "A warm muscle stretches easier than a cold one."
I rolled when Kroy came out with this one.  If you didn't watch, you can guess to which muscle he was referring!  He turned on her seat warmer to get her warmed up for delivery.  Like Kim, I was in labor on the way to the hospital with Parker.  In fact, I went through the worst contractions on the way there and was 7 cm upon arrival.  Jared knew when a contraction was hitting because I would get really quiet.  Don't touch me; don't talk to me. I'll be okay.  This is how I deal with pain.  I do not want you in my face, and Lord help you if you try to tell me what to do!

2) "God didn't intend for them to come through your belly button."
How courageous to share this intimate part of the decision making to try to have a vaginal delivery even though one of the babies was breech.  While it was a gamble to not have a c-section, I'm so glad that it came out the way it did.  I'm so thankful that we never had to have a conversation like this!

3) "He's better than John Elway!"
This is how I feel about my doctor!  Dr. Ted Garcia is the man!  He can make me laugh and tell me how it is in the same sentence.  He's been through two pregnancies with me, and he's circumcised both of my boys.  If you're in the area and looking for a new doctor, go to him!  I truly feel that your doctor can make or break how you feel about your pregnancy.

4)  "That's every woman's best friend."
Amen, sista! Epidurals are heaven on earth.  The anesthesiologist with Parker gave me a really good one; it was so good that my left leg was still dead by the time he was born.  Poor Jared had to hold up those thunder thighs!  He definitely had his strength training for the day!

5) "Go hard, go hard..."
I've already told you that I'm competitive.  When it's time to deliver, it becomes a game to see how fast I can have my baby in my arms.  Hamilton took 30 minutes.  Parker took just 14 minutes.  I know I've been blessed with very easy deliveries.  I am so thankful!

6)  "I'm not ready.  I'm never going to be ready."
This is how I feel about parenting.  You can never truly be prepared for the journey that you are about to embark upon.  No one book is going to tell you what to do in every situation. Trust your instincts and get to know your child. Slow down and enjoy your children, for this season of your life will pass too quickly.

7) Placenta smoothies????
WTH!  Jared might have joked with the nurses that he was going to turn it into a casserole (only in the south, right!), but I could not imagine drinking it in a smoothie.

I hope I haven't scared you away from my blog.  I promise it won't always be this personal!  "Buckle up, bitches," the second episode airs tonight!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment