Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Lemon Herb Chicken

I'll admit that I'm not one for baked chicken; I'd much prefer it on the grill.  There's something about its texture that bothers me (Yes, Hamilton gets his picky eating from me!).  This is one recipe that I love!  It's moist, it's fresh, and, to top it all off, it's healthy!

Lemon Herb Chicken

4 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary (I used fresh)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 lemon, sliced thin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat chicken with olive oil and place in baking dish.  Sprinkle with teriyaki sauce.  Combine oregano, rosemary, ginger, salt, and pepper; sprinkle over chicken.  Top with lemon slices.  Bake for about an hour.

I served it up with garlic and herb couscous and a salad.  Another easy peasy meal!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment