Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Monday, August 4, 2014

Parker's Baptism

What a special day!  Parker's baptism was even more emotional for this Mama than Hamilton's.  Maybe it's that I'm older and wiser, maybe it's the fact that I know how fleeting each moment is, or maybe it is Jennifer's voice as she sings "Jesus Loves Me."

Growing up, this verse hung on the refrigerator as a daily reminder to my mom.  She gave me the same verse to hang in Parker's nursery.  It's so special to me; every time I see it, I think of my mom and the incredible job she did with the four of us!


Here are some pictures from John Parker McCall's baptism and celebration.




The decorations were simple.  Lots of baby's breath in mason jars with touches of blue.


 I was pretty proud of myself.  His banner turned out just as I envisioned it!
 Pictures from each month were hung clothesline style in the window.  It's crazy how much he changed from month to month.

 The food table before the food was placed on it.
 The dessert table
  

 Pam from Flowers from the Cellar did an amazing job on the flowers.


 This looks really bad for a baptism luncheon. A little mimosa never hurt anyone!
 I know Jared won't like this picture, but I couldn't resist that smile on Parker's face!
 Outdoor seating
 DeeDee with baby Walt (notice she's also modeling one of Southern Dumplings' rain jackets)

 Papa and Parker
 How many guys does it take to buckle Walt in his car seat?
The following are pictures I took of Parker in his baptism outfit.  He's such a doll!




 I designed and embroidered this onto his bonnet to personalize it for the occasion.






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment