Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Falling off the workout wagon...

Up until last week, I fell off the workout wagon.  It wasn't until I stepped on the scale that I got a huge heaping dose of reality.  If you aren't expending calories through activity, you can't eat like you are.  The scale doesn't lie.  I was up three pounds, and trust me, it wasn't muscle weight!

We try to eat early in the evening (some might say late afternoon); it works better with our kids.  It also works better for us.  I truly believe you sleep better when your food has had time to properly digest.  Last week, we got in the routine of eating at 5-5:30 and going for a walk after dinner.  This wasn't a leisurely paced walk, we were getting it.  Then, after walking, we let Hamilton play before heading in for baths and bedtime.

This week is a little more hectic.  Jared has meetings at the church two nights, and I'm meeting a college friend for dinner one night; therefore, we won't be on our family exercise schedule.  I'm fitting in my exercise during nap time, and I counted playing in the pool with the chaps as exercise on Tuesday.  Although I haven't weighed myself this week, I am happy to say that more of my pre-pregnancy jeans are fitting.  My goal is to get in those "skinny" jeans in the back of the closet soon!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment