Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Cleaning Hardwood Floors (and really any floor!)

The fastest way to mop floors.  Any cleaning has to be done very quickly if I want to enjoy it before the kids destroy it.  Therefore, I've come up with the fastest way to do almost everything from cleaning the floors to cleaning the bathroom (that post is coming later!).

My full out cleaning days can be counted as my cardio.  I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but I definitely break a sweat.  First, I vacuum my floors and baseboards.  This is my vacuum; it lives up to its name...Titan!


Next, I mix up concoction of 1/2 cup of white vinegar with a gallon of warm water.  This is a natural, inexpensive way to clean your floors.  The vinegar is acidic enough to break down grime and dirt, but still gentle enough not to mess up the finish on your floors.

Since I speed clean, I have tried several different mops.  This is my favorite.  I like the wide surface area that the mop head covers.  

After every room, I just remove the microfiber cover and rinse it in the bucket.  After wringing it out, I put it back on the mop, and I'm ready to go!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment