Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Monday, October 6, 2014

They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight...

I must say that this day ended up being more than I imagined.  Beyond hearing the Thomas soundtrack on repeat, this day was perfect!  Seeing the joy on Hamilton's face as he explored all things trains made my year.  He is such a little sponge, soaking up everything he encounters.

This picture captures the day in a nutshell.  Hamilton pulled Pappy everywhere, wanting his best buddy by his side!

The first time Hamilton saw Thomas was truly priceless.  As he waved, his mouth exclaimed, "Hey Thomas!" After Thomas passed, he looked over his shoulder and said to me, "Thomas lubs me."  I melted on the spot.  

Our first ride of the day was with Percy.  The conductor and attendant on the train were fabulous.  The attendant shared with us tips about the experience and other events in our area.  He was a guy who truly loved his job!

















After our ride on Percy, we went to let Ham play on the slide and bouncy house.  I wish I had an ounce of his energy!









Then, we went to play with the train tables.  The layout of this room was brilliant!  There was a plethora of tables for the kids to play; there was a row of rocking chairs for the parents to watch.  We let Ham play while Daddy waited in line for Sir Topham Hatt.  So much for that...Hamilton freaked when he saw him.  No picture with the character!  I guess we'll have to work on that before Disney!



After our small freak out, we headed down to the Roundhouse.  Surprise, surprise, there were more trains!  They had classic models that were such a sight.  In addition to the trains, they had a magic show, craft stations, and a tattoo station.  


Of course, we had to make the obligatory trip into every parent's personal hell:  the gift shop.  After picking out a few souvenirs, we had lunch.  The kids were starting to fade fast at this point in the day, but they perked back up for our final train ride with Thomas.



 Can you tell who's having more fun in this pic...Ham or Pappy?!?


Following our ride, it was time to get Kettle Corn, make a pit stop at the bathroom, and let Ham jump for a last time in the bouncy house.  Apparently, Ham was too excited and busy to wait for the bathroom; he dropped trow in the middle of the grassy area.  I haven't moved that quickly in a long time scooping him up  and racing for the bathroom.  Poor thing was so embarrassed; he told me the whole way to stop laughing. 

This day will definitely go down in the books as a memorable one for the family.  These are the days when I perpetually count my blessings and wonder what I did before kids!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment