Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Typical Crazy Day

**This is a day in the life of the McCall boys.  It is not set in stone.  Luckily, both boys are flexible.  If we are at home for the full day, this is what you'll find us doing!**

A normal day in our household begins anywhere from 6:45-7:15.  Either Parker cries out and wakes up big brother, or Hamilton comes running to our room and wakes up little brother.  Hamilton wakes up in a great mood most mornings while Parker wakes up throwing everything out of his crib and jumping up and down in frustration until he is picked up.  They are very different.  One wants snuggles; one demands to eat!

After feeding Parker, you would think he would be content to be held and ease into the day.  Not a chance with this wild one!  He's ready to eat his "real food!"  Let me tell you he's embraced the whole eating thing.  I have no idea where he gets that from!

Following breakfast, we have independent play time which is also known as let's see how quickly we can dump all of the toys out of the baskets and wreck the living room!  Now that Parker is tall enough, he likes to stand over the basket and shovel the toys out until he finds what he's looking for.  It can make this OCD mama cringe at times, but his smile and giggle make it worth it!  While the boys are playing, I enjoy my coffee, clean up breakfast, and put in a load of laundry.  I try to do at least one load per day.  I hate for laundry to pile up!  I dread the task more if I know it's going to be a day of constant folding.  One load is manageable!



Parker definitely knows his schedule.  Between 9:00 and 9:15, he will crawl to my legs, pull up, and cry.  He's ready to take his first nap.  During his nap time, Hamilton and I get some one on one time.  He likes to paint, color, read, complete puzzles, make cards, and play with Play-Doh during this time.  He also loves to sing about the days of the week, months of the year, etc.  He is also allowed to watch a cartoon or two if I need to get some things done around the house (like move the clothes from the washer to dryer).

Parker's morning nap usually ends around 11:00.  I give both boys a quick snack.  At this time, we like to go outside to play.  I like to wear them out before lunch and rest time.  We typically eat lunch at 12:30 and go down for naps at 1:00.  Hamilton has reached the dreaded age where he doesn't always nap; however, I make him play in his room or "read" books in his bed for an hour.  This hour is needed for both him and mama!  If he goes to sleep, he'll nap for two hours. That's heavenly to have a quiet house for two hours!

During "power hour," I prep dinner, clean/straighten the house, fold laundry, and work on items for my businesses.  I'm amazed at how much I can accomplish during this time!  After naps, the boys get a snack.  Then, we head out for errands.  Jared usually gets home anywhere from 3:30-5:00.  If he gets home early, we run errands as a family or do something together.

5:00 is typical dinner time.  We like to eat early around here!  It works better for the boys (and us!).  After dinner, we go for a walk and then play in the yard.

6:30 is bath time.  This is my favorite time of day.  I love watching them splash and play in the tub.  They are absolutely precious together!

7:00 marks Parker's time for books, bedtime feeding, prayers, and bed.  While I'm taking care of Parker, Jared give Hamilton a snack.



8:00 is Hamilton's bed time.  Reading to him is getting more and more fun!  He's asking questions and can talk to me about the stories we read.  You know that makes this ELA teacher soooo excited!

From 8:00-10:00, I use this time for my businesses or blog.  I like to make a list (mental or paper) or what I need to do the next day.  If it's a slow night, I'll sit down and watch a show with Jared.

We try to be in bed between 10:00-10:30.  This mama gets really cranky if I don't get close to 8 hours of sleep!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment