Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

In the past year...

Today leaves me a little weepy and a lot reminiscent.  One year ago today was a day of many lasts.  It was the last day that I stood (ok, maybe sat--I wasn't supposed to be at work) in front of my students sharing my knowledge.   It was the last day that I ate lunch with my team in the cafeteria as part of our tight-knit group. It was the last day that I cried with Shelby in Jane's office. It was the last day that I picked Hamilton up from daycare.  It was the last day that I locked up our house and drove out of the driveway as a family of three.  It was the last day that we went to see "Juannie" with only one high chair.  It was the last day that my heart only physically knew one child.

In some ways it feels as if this only happened yesterday while in other ways it feels as if this happened ten years ago.  So much has changed since December 9, 2013.  It's funny looking back at the last year.  I wouldn't change a thing; we learned many lessons through the lowest of lows and the highest of highs.

One lesson I learned while I dug in my stubborn heels, adamantly protesting the change that God had planned for me and our family.  I never imagined myself owning my own skincare franchise; however, He saw it differently.  Every event in my life was preparing me for this next step.  My basketball career taught me the discipline I needed to stay true to my goal.  My knee injuries taught me to doggedly fight for the outcome I desired.  My mom taught me to be strong and independent, never relying on others for my success. My dad taught me to be fiscally responsible and to chase my dreams.  My Converse College public speaking professor taught me strategies to overcome my anxiety of speaking in front of a crowd. My teaching career taught me to deliver information by captivating my audience  and to use technology to efficiently handle tasks.  My husband taught me that it is okay to take a risk; he will always have my back.

No matter how life might be changing before your eyes, rest in the affirmation that although you may not be able to see what's around the bend in the road, you will be prepared.  You will always be prepared.

post signature

Here is the last picture that we have as a family of three.  I was about to POP!



No comments:

Post a Comment