Southern Momma to two handsome boys. Welcome to my crazy monogrammed life!

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Deck the McCalls

There's something about decorating the house for Christmas that instantly makes it more cozy.  All I want to do is enjoy a cup of coffee and snuggle with my boys (which lasts about 2.2 seconds) while watching Hallmark movies with the glow of the Christmas tree in the background.  It sounds delightful, right?  I hope you enjoy our holiday mini house tour.

Our little Christmas cottage looks adorable dressed for the holidays.  It makes it a little treat to take Chloe to potty every night before bed.  I'm no longer begging her to hurry up; I can enjoy the view while she takes her sweet time.



I love our console table all decked out with fresh greenery, lights, candles, and a nativity figure.


The dining room is my favorite room in the house.  The pops of red that I added this year make all the difference.
 Close up of the buffet
Close up of the tablescape

The living room has a few new touches as well.  We added the large wreath over the TV, new pillows on the sofa, and a new throw.





The breakfast nook is very simple, but it works well with our somewhat rustic home.  Just as a little side note.  This area contains two very special pieces to me.  The antique table was a wedding gift from my grandmother to my aunt; the baker's cabinet was the last piece of furniture that my grandfather refurbished before he died.  You just can't beat pieces of furniture that tell a story!




Even the boys' rooms are decorated.  Jennifer Haynie is so talented; she created the signs that adorn their doors.  Inside their rooms, they have their own mini-tree with their personalized Santa hats as the toppers.  I also hang their Santa stockings on their dressers until Christmas Eve.




In our next house, I want a large staircase to decorate.  I think they can be so grand when decorated with garland.  For now, our little banister works just fine!  :)



Upstairs in my "sweat shop" office, we have the kids tree that holds all of our childhood ornaments.  Hamilton loves to play with his Polar Express train while I work.  It drives Jared nuts that he always takes the figurines off to visit the North Pole or put the little boy to sleep under the tree skirt.  


From our home to yours, we wish you a Merry Christmas!  Enjoy the blessings of the season!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment